Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baby Boy “Bear” Shower

I haven’t been blogging much lately, but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been up to anything.  In fact, in the last three weeks, I’ve thrown two baby showers, hosted Thanksgiving and in between all that partying/work, our family moved and I have begun the task of painting and decorating each room.  Here are some pictures of the shower I helped throw for my friend Claudia on the 4th of November.  Her little boy showed up yesterday, so it’s about time I put up the pictures.November pics 2010 086 My friend Brooktynn, who’s house we had the shower at thank goodness because I was moving the next week and my apartment was decorated with cardboard boxes from the grocery store, made this cute sign above the buffet table.  I loved that cute paper she used I wish it came out better in the photo.November pics 2010 089

Here’s my darling friend Claudia in all her glowing motherhood glory.  She is so cute!November pics 2010 087 This is a photo of the spread.  Claudia’s been on a fruit and veggie kick since she got pregnant so I thought it would be appropriate to have Crudités and various dips, along with some wraps and French bread for dipping as well.  We had Hummus, Babba Ganoush,  herb vinaigrette, ranch and artichoke spinach dip for the dips along with broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, olives, tomatoes, baby corn and snap peas and a bowl of mixed fruit.  It was delicious and a pretty easy spread to put together.  The trickiest part was transporting it all to Brooktynn’s house. November pics 2010 088

Here’s the cake I decorated.  It has a mini bear on the top to honor little baby bear (that part was actually a brownie since who wouldn’t rather have a brownie than cake?).  The bottom cakes were white with strawberry preserves for the filling since strawberries are Claudia’s favorite.  It was delicious if I do say so myself.

We didn’t play any games (at Claudia’s request) but instead we put together scrapbook pages that Claudia can just add photos to since life gets pretty hectic once the baby actually arrives and that’s when you need it done, we thought that would be fun.

It was a little crazy to give a shower the week before a move but it was great fun and I’m glad I did it!  I hope Claudia enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment