Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Baby Boy Bear Cake

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I helped throw a baby shower for my friend Sherrada who’s having a baby boy.  Her sister Kalei and I threw it at my pretty much empty house since we more than doubled our square-footage when we moved and  do not yet have much furniture downstairs and though I have some ideas what to do, I’m not completely sure what colors I want in those rooms yet.  We had a spread of veggies, fruits, cheese and crackers and meats and some sweets Kalei brought and then I made some breakfast casseroles: a baked French toast one and two different egg ones.

I also practiced by piping skills the night before by making a polar bear cake with a bow-tie the night before.  I love the 3D mold I used for this bear.  I bought it a while ago and was excited to try it out.  I think it is tempting me to buy a tilting cake turner so that I can get the detail better on the bottom when I make it again.  I used tip 233 for the fur because I absolutely love the fuzzy look it gives the bear….much cuter than stars in my opinion.

029Here’s our “Brunch” spread.  Kalei brought such yummy things.  It was great that I had her help with the food! 030 Here’s the detail on the bear.  It’s difficult to see the fur and it probably would have been cuter if I did it in brown but I wanted to have white butter-cream since it was a spice cake to go with the holiday season.031    Here’s pretty Sherrada filling out a paper for one of the games.

038

This is her mom getting ready to guess how big (actually little) Sherrada’s belly is.

040 One of Sherrada’s husband’s  aunts made this with regular grocery bags from the store.  I thought it was such a great idea, I had to take a photo so I can steal her idea.  She mentioned that using lunch sacks with the same idea makes a really cute bag for little cookies or something.  Love it!042

Here’s Kalei with her brand new baby and Sherrada with her darling baby-belly.  So much fun that these sisters are having babies around the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment