Friday, September 13, 2013

Milk Boost Cookies (gluten-free)

 

Here is my recipe for gluten-free lactation cookies.  When my family went gluten-free for my daughter this year, I made a couple of batches of regular lactation cookies that I got off of Pinterest, and it was a royal pain hiding cookies for my little girl.  So I experimented for a while to make gluten-free lactation cookies.  I gave this recipe to my milk-tastic friend who felt like her supply was dropping.  She texted me later that day, “Holy milk-boost Batman!”  I was thrilled these worked so well for her.  So I really feel selfish keeping this happy secret to myself. I usually make a double batch because I go through them so quickly.  I hope you like them as much as we do at my house!

Milk Boost cookies

Milk Boost Cookies

  • 1 stick of butter
  • 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
  • 2 3/4 cups Gluten-free old fashioned oats
  • 2-3 tablespoons nutritional flakes
  • 1 tablespoon flax seeds or flax meal
  • 1/2 cup raisins and/or 1/2 soy-free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Cream butter, coconut oil and sugar together.  Add egg and beat until incorporated, stir in honey and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutritional flakes and flax.  Add dries to the sugar and oil mixture.  Then stir in oats and raisins and/or chocolate chips.  Using 1-2 tablespoons, form into balls and then place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press down.* Bake for 15-19 minutes.

*Because these are gluten-free, once they are cooked they look pretty much the way they did on the pan when you placed them there so shape them the way you want them to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment