Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Damask Bow Frame

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Megan, I was introduced to Pinterest in October.  However, I didn’t really take the time to figure out how to add my own boards and such until this past month when on New Years day, I had extra time to myself with the lap top AND my hubby was at home.  What a fun tool!  I’ve been enjoying all the great ideas for crafts.  One of the fabulous things I’ve seen is for ribbon holders.  Such as this or this…I prefer this one though.

I was so excited about these holders, that last week, I stopped by Goodwill and picked up a frame  for super cheap that didn’t have any glass.  It luckily had a double thickness of cardboard, which is what I needed.  I used my trusty can of white spray paint to make it match Vivian’s room, and this is what I made:

IMG_1178Here it is with a few of her bows on it so you can still see some detail….IMG_1179

I love it!  I was able to use a scrap of material that I ABSOLUTELY adore that I don’t have much left of  wanted to use again in Vivian’s room and can’t find any more of at any of the nearby stores (the shop I got it in is in Scottsdale).  I realized once I started that I didn’t have as many ribbons in these colors as I had thought.  But I decided to use what I had instead of running out and buying more.  I think my thriftiness paid off because I am really enjoying my creative use of ribbons to make it look more than just functional but actually a bit artistic.

1 comment: