Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sneaking in Exercise….while doing laundry!

Of all the household chores there are to do, I LOVE LAUNDRY.  I think the thing I really like about it is that it can be in the machine while I organize other things and/or fold and then it looks so tidy once everything is put away.  Plus the really wonderful thing is you don’t have to get on your hands and knees and worry about touching anything too disgusting…you throw anything yucky in a machine with detergent and the machine takes care of everything for you (and if that doesn’t work…then it might just be time for shopping and/or figuring another use for said item).IMG_7140

To get to the point about sneaking in exercise (because a domestic goddess is always trying to double-duty her time and efforts) is that folding laundry is the best thing for my thighs and buttocks!

I really love this little trick helps me tone up while at the same time I’m doing something that I need to get finished anyway!

Here is what you do:

1.  Place clean items to be folded in a basket by either a bed/sofa/counter  that you will use to place folded items.

2.  For each individual item that you take out of the basket and fold, you must SQUAT, making sure that your feet our hip distance apart and that your knees never go over your toes.  Squat, fold, place, repeat. 

It’s easy!

3.  If you want to add more intensity, try squatting and going onto the balls of your feet at the same time; do plies; and/or keep going for longer periods of time by folding more baskets than one at a time  (I have four baskets so I usually let them pile up until I do this little exercise).

4. Enjoy the after-burn!

1 comment:

  1. Very good idea! I am terrible at getting my squats in. I may have try this.

    ReplyDelete