Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Loft color inspiration!

One of the things that I noticed from the first time we visited Arizona is there is a shocking lack of Green.  I actually am NOT a huge fan of green but it is my hubby and my 5-year-olds favorite color so we have a fair amount of green things around the house.  When I was trying to find something that struck me to use as a color for our upstairs loft, these are the materials that grabbed me and wouldn’t let go and I just couldn’t get them out of my head. 

Felicite Mineral 

Paddock Shawl Mineral

Aren’t these materials just beautiful?  They feel amazing too. So soft and luxurious, especially for cotton.  Because I’m a girl with a budget I got them from Joann’s when they had a 50% off Home Decor materials and I was lucky enough to have a gift card for doing some sewing for someone.  I am so pleased that I got them even if they were a little pricier than I usually spend on material.

I  painted the Walls in These Benjamin Moore Colors Fernwood Green 2145-40 and an accent wall in Terrapin Green 2145-20.

I’ve already finished making pillows with the material, so I’ll have to post the photos soon. I am so pleased with what I’ve done with our loft even though we’ve had to do it on a budget.  We have been using it as a family/library/office and I love being in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment